What are the additional grounds of divorce available to wife only?
The Special Marriage Act, 1954, provides only two grounds of divorce ground for the wife. Namely, rape, sodomy or bestiality and the non-resumption of cohabitation after an order of maintenance.
Which of the following is a ground available only to wife?
Four Grounds Available Only to the Wife:
(1) BIGAMY, namely, that in the case of a marriage solemnised before the commencement of the Act, the husband has married again before such commencement, or that any other wife of the husband, married before such commencement, was alive at the time of the Petitioner’s marriage.
What are the 5 grounds for divorce in India?
Grounds of Divorce in India
- Adultery. Either party to the marriage may present a petition for divorce under cl. …
- Cruelty. …
- Desertion. …
- New Phenomenon of NRI Related Desertion. …
- Conversion. …
- Unsoundness of mind. …
- Schizophrenia. …
- Virulent and incurable leprosy.
What are the grounds of divorce under Special marriage Act?
– (1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and to the rules made thereunder, a petition for divorce may be presented to the district court either by the husband or the wife on the ground that the respondent- (a) has, after the solemnization of the marriage, had voluntary sexual intercourse with any person other than …
What are the 5 grounds for divorce?
Following are the 9 common legal grounds for divorce which are widely present in all current enactments on divorce law:
- Venereal disease.
- Presumption of death.
How much is a wife entitled to in a divorce in India?
The Indian Divorce Act, 1869 governs the maintenance rights of Christian women, where the husband is liable to pay maintenance till a woman’s lifetime. Under the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936, the court can award a maximum of one-fifth of the husband’s net income to a Parsi woman for her lifetime.
Can wife ask for property after divorce?
22 Answers. After divorce, a wife cannot stake a claim in your property as a matter of right. This property will continue to remain yours’. What wife can seek from you is maintenance for her sustenance and a decent standard of living, similar to that being enjoyed by you.
Is mental cruelty grounds for divorce?
Under Section 13 of the Act, the grounds for divorce include: “voluntary sexual intercourse with any person other than his or her spouse”; “cruelty”; desertion “for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition”; “ceas(ing) to be a Hindu by conversion to another …
What are the 3 grounds for divorce?
you have a valid marriage (e.g. by providing your marriage certificate or equivalent documentation); and. your marriage has broken down and there is no chance that you will get back together. This is called an irretrievable breakdown of your relationship; and.
Is one sided divorce possible?
If the wife is not ready for mutual divorce you can go for one sided divorce on cruelity basis. It will be filed under section 13 l i(a)of HMA. … Also it can be a reason that you are not having any relation , communication with each other for past 1 Nd half year can be a reason for divorce .
Can wife maintenance without divorce?
yes you can claim maintenance under section 24 of the Hindu Marriage Act from the husband even without divorce, if he is not making any payment. you can too file a complaint under the domestic violence act for payment of maintenance.