What do I need to file for divorce in Washington State?
Below are the four basic steps in getting an uncontested divorce in Washington State:
- Complete divorce forms. The divorce process begins with the divorce form or petition for divorce. …
- File divorce papers with the court. …
- Serve your spouse with the divorce papers. …
- Sign and file final divorce documents.
How much does it cost to file divorce papers in Washington?
Just to file for divorce in Washington, it costs roughly $350. (This includes fees for filing, a judicial surcharge, and court facilitator costs.) From there, you have to serve your spouse. If you hire a lawyer, they can handle that, likely for a fee, or you can use an outside process server.
What is the divorce process in Washington State?
Filing for Divorce as a Sole Petitioner in Washington
|1||Establishment of Jurisdiction and Proper Venue|
|2||Complete a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage|
|3||Have the Summons and Petition Served|
|4||Response and Counter Petition|
What is the fastest way to get a divorce in Washington State?
To get started, you must fill out a “Petition for Divorce (Dissolution)” which provides the court with information about you and your spouse, your marriage, and your property. If you have any children under the age of 18 with your spouse, you must submit additional forms about your children, custody, and child support.
What paperwork do I need to file for divorce?
To open a divorce case, you will need to file these forms:
- Family Court Cover Sheet – Required.
- Complaint for Divorce – Required.
- Summons – Required.
- Joint Preliminary Injunction – Optional.
How do I start the divorce process?
Step by step guide – Applying for a Divorce Order
- Step 1: Register for a Commonwealth Courts Portal online account. …
- Step 2: Create a new Application for Divorce. …
- Step 3: Complete your Application for Divorce. …
- Step 4: Get your Affidavit for eFiling Application witnessed. …
- Step 5: Upload your Affidavit for eFiling Application.
Can I file for divorce without a lawyer?
Yes, it is possible to file your own divorce and complete the process without the aid of an attorney.
How long does a divorce take in WA?
A Divorce in Australia will take at least about 4 months to actually occur and be granted by the Court, from the date you first file your application for divorce in Court, until when a Divorce Order is issued by the Court, which will be one month and one day after the date of your divorce hearing, if your divorce is …
How long does it take to get a legal separation in Washington?
There’s a mandatory waiting period of 90 days from the time you file until the judge can act on your case. Couples should use this time to negotiate the terms of the separation, including property division, financial issues, and child custody.