Which factor most likely increases the risk of divorce quizlet?
Premarital pregnancy and births increase the risk of divorce. The divorce rate decreases after major wars and increases during economic hard times. The divorce rate increases after major wars and decreases during economic hard times.
What is likely the most important factor in the increase in divorce?
– Perhaps most important factor in increase in divorce over last hundred years has been the greater social acceptance of divorce. … – People who divorce and remarry are more likely to divorce again.
Which of these is a risk factor as it relates to divorce?
There are many risk factors for divorce such as marrying at an early age, low income, low education level, cohabitation before marriage, no religious affiliation, being a minority race, insecurity and unstable mental health, multiple marriages, premarital pregnancy, and having divorced parents.
Who is more likely to initiate a divorce quizlet?
Who is more likely to file for divorce? Men are twice as likely as women to initiate a divorce. The number of older women who are divorcing is increasing. The majority of divorces today result in one parent receiving sole custody of the children.
Are macro factors that contribute to divorce?
These include: the prioritization of the individual, feminism and the entrance of women in the workforce, the increasing acceptance of birth control, legal divorce reform, religious affiliation and religious Page 11 4 teachings.
Which of the following factors contributed to the move away from the 1950s traditional family in the second half of the twentieth century?
Which of the following factors contributed to the move away from the 1950s “traditional” family in the second half of the twentieth century? *Women increasingly worked outside the home. **Federal programs aimed at protecting the poor and vulnerable gave many people more flexibility and independence.
What is the #1 cause of divorce?
The most commonly reported major contributors to divorce were lack of commitment, infidelity, and conflict/arguing. The most common “final straw” reasons were infidelity, domestic violence, and substance use.
What are the Top 5 reasons for divorce?
Top 5 Most Common Reasons for Divorce
- Infidelity. Cheating on your spouse not only breaks a vow—it breaks the trust in a relationship. …
- Lack of Intimacy. Physical intimacy is important in any romantic relationship, but it is essential to the growth of a long-term relationship. …
- Communication. …
- Money. …
Who has the highest risk of divorce?
Who Is at Greater Risk for Divorcing?
- Marrying at a young age (e.g., marrying younger than 22) …
- Having less education (versus having a college degree) …
- Having parents who divorced or who never married. …
- Having a personality that is more reactive to stress and emotion. …
- Having a prior marriage that ended.
What kind of marriage is most vulnerable to divorce?
A subsequent study which analyzed 2002 NSFG data found that “although interracial marriages overall are more vulnerable to divorce, this reflects the experience of some but not all couples.” It found that after 10 years of marriage, interracial marriages that are most vulnerable to divorce involve white females and non …
Which factor decreases the chances of divorce quizlet?
The higher the family’s income, the lower the divorce rate. Those with higher education tend to have lower divorce rates. African Americans have the highest rates of divorce. A high frequency of religious attendance lowers the risk of divorce.